Snowflakes are flying in the Rockies and the Northeast, and now is the perfect time to plan your winter ski vacation. Not sure where to go? Whether you’re a black-diamond skier or skiing with your family for the first time, there’s a place that’s right for you.
Here’s a list of ski resorts I recommend, and a few my fellow travel bloggers love. And after you check out these posts, scroll down to enter to win a fantastic ski vacation prize package!
- Smugglers Notch, VT: Skiing, snowshoeing, airboarding, zip lining and more at one of the most family-friendly resorts in the East.
- Bolton Valley, VT: Family-friendly, old-school vibe and excellent back-country skiing.
- Stowe, VT: First-rate service and amenities at Stowe Mountain Lodge.
- Sunday River, ME: From beginners to experts, this resort has something for everyone.
- Whiteface Mountain, Lake Placid, NY: Downhill, cross-country, and lots of Olympic venues.
- Wintergreen Resort, Central VA: Take “The Plunge,” on their 10-lane tubing hill, equivalent to being atop a 10-story building and longer than three football fields.
- Mount Kato, Mankato, MN: Great spot for Midwesterners to learn to ski.
- Breckenridge, CO: Awesome ski town with tons to do on and off the slopes.
- Keystone, CO: Fantastic resort for families – 17 reasons why!
- Steamboat Springs, CO: The Steamboat Grand offers the ultimate in amenities.
- Copper Mountain, CO: Pushing my limits at Woodward Copper.
- Deer Valley, UT: Luxury ski resort that my family calls “The Happiest Place On Snow.”
- Powder Mountain, Eden, UT: Seemingly frozen in time since the 80s, this laid-back resort is the place to go for no crowds, incredible terrain and the “Greatest Snow on Earth.”
- Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe, CA: Beautiful lake and scenery like no other place on Earth.
- Lake Tahoe, CA and NV: Four slopes to challenge your improving beginner skiers in Lake Tahoe!
And some tips for the best ski vacation:
- Best Kids Ski Free Programs in the U.S.
- Tips for Eating Healthy on a Ski Vacation
- How to Use Ski Bum Lingo
- Top Six Things that Suck About Skiing With Kids
Ready to win? I’m giving away an awesome package to help you get ready for your ski vacation. Prize package includes:
- Women’s Smartwool hat and socks
- Men’s Smartwool hat and socks
- Kids’ Travel Journal: Pages for maps, daily activities, favorite events, drawings and more!
- Travelogue Travel Journal: Includes a travel planner, checklist, diary, and scratch-off maps. Great keepsake for your travels.
- EyeFi Mobi 8 GB card: Works like a regular SDHC card for your camera, and includes built-in WiFi that pairs your camera to your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac.